Windows 10 - All Browsers Crashing (No Specific Errors) & Java IDEs Crashing

I have an ongoing issue with my laptop where each one of my browsers crash intermittently. This problem has been coming up with Chrome, Firefox and with Opera. It also doesn't show any specific error messages, the only thing that comes up is the default pop up that let's you know that the browser has stopped working. I have attempted updating my Windows installation and I also have attempted reimaging the laptop some four times already, however the problem keeps coming up again. I have attempted running a spyware scanner and used CC Cleaner to clean out my registry as well. 

There is also a second problem with my Java IDEs, I am not sure if the two are somehow related but this problem has been coming up as well. It's a slew of several different error messages that change each time and random crashing, this happens with IntelliJ, NetBeans and with Eclipse. This problem followed me across each Windows reimage and I have reinstalled Java multiple times, tried different versions and done the same with the JDK install. I have also set the Java file path properly and have had similar issues with Android Studio. 

I am not sure what might be going on with my laptop, if anyone has any input it would be highly appreciated. Normal browser maintenance and updates don't seem to help with this and neither did wiping my partitions and reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. For a while I believed that there might be something wrong with the RAM on my laptop however the memory diagnostic came back as healthy.

Thanks in advance for reading through my question and commenting. 

Hi DriveByInAYugo,

Internet browsers react on the current status of your operating system. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• Which current version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
  • Can you test if the same issue will happen in our browsers (Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge)?
  • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far on your end?
  • What are the anti-virus programs you're using?
  • What is the exact make and model of your computer?
  • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?

Note: If you have other anti-viruses installed on your computer, disable them all completely and enable Windows Defender only. This could get your programs to a conflict with your operating system’s own security features.

To notify us and have us get back to you by simply replying to this post.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If the issue persists can you provide the following information which may help determine any issue(s):

Windows Key + R > type msinfo32 in the "Open" box  > OK > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file

Then make the resulting .nfo file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

Also, can you do the following:

Windows Key + R > type eventvwr in the "Open" box > OK > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

Then make the resulting .evtx file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

Here's a link on using OneDrive:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/share-file-folder

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, thanks for posting an answer to my question. I saved those files and uploaded to onedrive like you asked me to. 

Link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvIHGM5PZ6EZghqaqD6QSupQtaZ6

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Event Logs show various Application errors many of which seem to suggest a potential issue with graphics.

The Event Logs also show some blue screen errors have occurred.

It may help to look at the minidump files from these blue screen crashes.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via OneDrive.

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, 

A) I have version 1803 (OS Build 17134.285)

B) I do remember using Microsoft Edge and it didn't seem to crash at the time. 

C) Recently I haven't done much with the laptop, I bought it back in January and I started seeing my browser crash after installing Visual Studio. I tried basic browser maintenance but the issue didn't seem to resolve itself so I reimaged the laptop because I needed it for school. While at school we needed to install the IntelliJ IDE however I had an assortment of problems with it. The IDE would crash on startup and each time a different error message would come up, I also tried reinstall the IDE but sometimes it would install and other times it would crash on install. The same problem occurred with other Java IDEs like Eclipse which made me think it was a Java issue or something with my JDK, however reinstalling those didn't help either. Following one of the reimages I noticed that the browser would crash right away, I was using Google Chrome at the time. The install for IntelliJ crashed as well. 

D) The troubleshooting that I have done includes: Multiple reimages, multiple reinstalls of Java and JDK (tried different versions), browser maintenance, updates, virus scans, reboots.

E)  The one anti virus application that I use is Super Anti Spyware, I haven't used anything else aside from that.

F)  The laptop is a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Pro 15.6".

G) Would recreating the profile help even after a reimage? I was installing a couple of tools for my job so I was asking because I would have to reinstall everything. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon about this, I tried to compress the Mindidump folder however it's empty for some reason. The folder is there inside the Windows directory however there are no log files inside it, it's just empty. 

I do remember seeing a couple of BSOD screens, this made me believe that there might be an issue with my RAM however all the status checks came back as healthy. There were also a couple of video games that I had which crashed, which makes me think that it might a graphics issue as well. The laptop came with a NVIDIA GTX 950M onboard and I installed the most recent drivers after reimaging the laptop. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure CCleaner is not set up to delete dump files.

Also, can you try a "clean boot" and see if it helps any with the issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If a clean boot does resolve the issue there is a section in the article "How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot".

Reset the computer to start normally afterward.

As a general precaution create a System Restore Point prior to initiating a clean boot.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an ongoing issue with my laptop where each one of my browsers crash intermittently. This problem has been coming up with Chrome, Firefox and with Opera. It also doesn't show any specific error messages, the only thing that comes up is the default pop up that let's you know that the browser has stopped working. I have attempted updating my Windows installation and I also have attempted reimaging the laptop some four times already, however the problem keeps coming up again. I have attempted running a spyware scanner and used CC Cleaner to clean out my registry as well. 

There is also a second problem with my Java IDEs, I am not sure if the two are somehow related but this problem has been coming up as well. It's a slew of several different error messages that change each time and random crashing, this happens with IntelliJ, NetBeans and with Eclipse. This problem followed me across each Windows reimage and I have reinstalled Java multiple times, tried different versions and done the same with the JDK install. I have also set the Java file path properly and have had similar issues with Android Studio. 

I am not sure what might be going on with my laptop, if anyone has any input it would be highly appreciated. Normal browser maintenance and updates don't seem to help with this and neither did wiping my partitions and reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. For a while I believed that there might be something wrong with the RAM on my laptop however the memory diagnostic came back as healthy.

Thanks in advance for reading through my question and commenting. 

I am currently having a similar issue with my laptop, though not exactly like yours.  Since this past late May, every browser that I use on my laptop has been crashing intermittently.  This problem started after a Windows update was released that may have contained a bug, and I think that is what may have happened with your machine.  I used to have Windows 8 on this laptop, but I was upgraded to Windows 10 after my laptop caught a virus through an ad on weather.com.  Have you tried running Malwarebytes to see if you may have malware?  That could be the culprit.  I also would recommend doing system file check (SFC) in command prompt.  instructions on how to do that can be found in this link: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 32,040 Applies to: